Before you consider submitting to Blood Song Books please make yourself familiar with our Submission Guidelines. This will ensure that your submission is successfully received and read, and not rejected for an easily avoidable issue.
» PLEASE NOTE: Authors must be 18 years old (legal adult age in Australia) at the time of submission for contractual purposes.
All submissions should be addressed to the Editor, with a polite introduction. Your introduction should include:
- Your names, both legal and pen name (if you use one).
- The title of your submission.
- The submission’s word count.
- The name of the anthology to which you are submitting.
- Your Author Biography (100 words or less), your Author website and social media links are required.
It is never acceptable to send a publisher a blank email with nothing but an attachment.
The following formatting is more or less industry standard, and our preference.
- Your submission should be in Shunn Short Story Format, and in our preferred font: Times New Roman 12 pt.
- Tabs must not be used for paragraph indentation, use proper Style formatting for paragraphs and line spacing. If you are unsure of this, research. (Google is your friend!)
- Do not double space after periods.
- The only permissible file types are .doc and .docx.
- Your submission must be submitted in AU/UK British English. (You can set this in Word.)
Sending Your Submission
- All submissions should be sent to: bloodsongbooks[at]mail.com Simply replace the [at] with the ‘@’ symbol when sending.
- All submissions close upon roll-over of the specified date (see: 12.01AM) according to Australian Western Standard Time (AWST; UTC+08:00), unless they fill prior to the deadline and a closure announcement is made.
- We aim to keep our Reading Period to within 30 days of the Close of Call, however this turn around time is entirely dependent on how many submissions are received. Please do not query the status of your story before this time, and be sure to check our Facebook Authors Group for updates, before emailing.
Failure to adhere to any of these standard Submission Guidelines will result in an automatic rejection. Depending on whether a particular Call has imposed a limit on the number of submissions or not, you may be permitted to re-send in the proper manner.
- Reprints and Simultaneous Submissions are not permitted, unless otherwise stated on individual Submission Calls.